GURPS Lands of Legend
Here is a list of rules options used in the F2F game. Most are from Martial Arts.
- Cinematic advantages (Trained by a Master, Weapon Master and Heroic Archer) can be purchased, but only after character creation
- Extra Effort in Combat can be used by characters with cinematic advantages
- Alternative Abilities are used in the calculation of the cost of some spells
- Unarmed Combat becomes safe vs. weapon Parries when the character becomes Trained by a Master
- The Dual-Weapon attack option is available but can only be developed by those who are Trained by a Master or Waepon Master
- Rapid Strikes are available. Those with Cinematic advantages have bonuses to these attacks.
- Semi-houserule: Skills cap at 40 points spent (Level Att.+10)
- House-rule, mostly relevant for spells: Afflictions are half price for extra levels
- House-rule, mostly relevant for spells: Costs Fatigue is 15%+5%/level
- Energy Reserves are used for powering the magic spells of Sorcerers, Warlocks and Elementalists
- The new maneuvers of Defensive Attack and Committed Attack are used.
- The new option, All-Out Attack (long) is used.
- The Change Posture option of Acrobatic Stand is used
- The rule that Feinting is seen more as an Attack option, rather than it’s own Maneuver, is used
- The Feinting options of Beats, Ruses and Defensive Feints are used
- The Readying options of Defensive Grip and Reverse Grip are used
- The Acrobatic Movement options are generally available, incl. Tic-Tacs, Tumbling and Vaulting and Diving
- The Acrobatic Attack and Flying Attack options for Move & Attack are used
- The ability to learn Combinations is used
- The option of Pummeling is used.
- Shin Kicks are possible.
- Shoves with Weapons can be used
- Slams with Long Weapons can be used
- Telegraphic Attacks are used
- Tip Slashes are possible
- Long Weapons on Close Combat is used
- More Actions after a Grapple is used
- Grab and Smash is possible
- Quick-shooting Bows is available
- Rapid Strike with Thrown Weapons can be used
- Rapid Fire with Thrown Weapons can be used
- Tricky Shooting is possible
- Cross Parries are available
- Defence while Grappled is noted
- Multiple Blocks are possible
- Parries with Legs or Feet are possible
- Parrying with Twohanded Weapons is used
- Retreat Options are used
- Riposte is available
Cinematic options – only for people with Cinematic Advantages (Trained by a Master, Weapon Master and Heroic Archer)
- Extended Rapid Strike is available
- Feints and Multiple Attacks is used
- Multiple Targets is used
- Available Extra Effort in Combat options: Feverish Defence, Flurry of Blows, Mighty Blow, Giant Step, Great Lunge, Heroic Charge, Rapid Recovery, Multi-Task, Near Thing, Second Wind, Shake It Off